[x3d-public] Beginner questions

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Wed Jan 16 08:58:06 PST 2019

Hi iam,

If you are concerned about the cost investment, please review the
material on https://x3dGraphics.com/. It is the companion website to the
book. All of the book examples and figures are in the site, listed by
chapter. There are also links to many off-site resources.

Leonard Daly

> Hi,
> Just wanted to say Thanks to all who answered :) I will go over your
> replies many many more times, because, frankly, I didn't understand a
> LOT of stuff. It just seems that there's no way around buying the
> "Extensible 3D graphics for web authors" book to GET what you guys
> were talking about - I'm gonna *need* that, yeah?
> Just a quick question - if X3D is not a W3C standard...well, there's
> no chance it'll Die or become obsolete one day, is there??!! I'm going
> to have to invest a sizable amount of time as well as money (in buying
> that book) to learn about it - I don't want it all to go to waste...?
>
> Cheers, guys n girls, and I'll probably be hanging around here a lot :)

*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant
LA ACM SIGGRAPH Past Chair