[x3d-public] X3D manual programming hanim motion.

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Jan 20 13:12:21 PST 2019

On 1/20/2019 8:53 PM, Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) wrote:
> This was one of the harder parts of X3DJSAIL development.  I thought it was pretty good until we started pushing the 300+ X3D Examples Archives scenes through it, that uncovered a lot of overlooked cases which were then fixable.

typo correction:

Actually *over 4000 models* given 3922 total X3D scenes in the online archives plus additional X3D models placed under duress by John Carlson and I.  We have found and fixed all manner of tool and specification bugs to ensure correctly defined and validated X3D scenes.  Content is King.

Examples: Scene Archives for X3D
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Examples

Of note is that every example there includes X3DOM and X_ITE variants.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorld.x3d
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorld.html
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorldX3dom.xhtml
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorldX_ITE.html
also for JSON, .x3dv, .xml, .wrl, Viewpoint image screenshots, etc. etc.

Eye candy alert: X_ITE export stylesheet now defaults initial display to full-screen mode.  These look compelling.

These example scenes are a powerful resource for ongoing testing and development as we go forward towards X3D v4.
http://www.web3d.org/x3d4

Have fun with valid X3D content!  8)