[x3d-public] Question VR Cafe + X3D

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:56:22 PST 2019

"..VR equipment.."
Do you mean HMDs / head mounted displays? And 'data gloves' etc to go with
it?
I think it's not hard - the hard part is ... buying the HMD with real
money. Hard currency.  Then fiddling for a few weeks.
Someone had freewrl running with an HMD a decade ago, but didn't leave the
code.
I've had freewrl running on an android phone with so-called cardboard HMD -
uses the IMU inertial measuring unit for orientation, and 2 magnifying
lenses.
I was planning to do HMDs/AR this year but so far no action..
Someone else was working on a Unity game engine x3d display, and my guess
is that Unity can use HMDs.
-Doug