[x3d-public] Question VR Cafe + X3D

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 15:19:49 PST 2019

Christoph,
"NavigationInfo", "Viewpoint", "ProxiSensor", "TouchSensor", "PlaneSensor"
- navigationInfo
in-scene definition might be OK, but the browser might have some settings
for different effects for flying or walking
- viewpoint OK
ProximitySensor - likely OK - its where your viewpoint is?
TouchSensor - in scene OK, and the browser would have various ways to
define a ray from the viewpoint - a data glove or other method of
steering/dragging a ray, for example a hand-held game thumbstick (I have
one) that you can push a button to shoot a ray from the center of the right
(or left) eye, and when you take your finger off it is like a single click
etc or dataglove equivalent.
PlaneSensor - similar to touch
Yes I think all those scene file nodes would be OK. Your browser may need
some options for different ways to fly / walk forward (without you moving
much), and some mechanisms to aim a ray and 'click' for touch /
planesensors.
I don't think X3D defines any force feedback nodes. Maybe it should?
-Doug