[x3d-public] Question VR Cafe + X3D

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Tue Jan 22 18:42:47 PST 2019

On 1/22/2019 4:25 PM, Christoph Valentin wrote:
> Hi Leonard
>
> But if an X3D Player was willing to support HMD like navigation, then
> the X3D standard would not forbid it, true?

Christoph,

The standard allows for custom navigation extensions (see
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/navigation.html#NavigationInfo,
15th paragraph -- starts "Browsers may create..."). Some features may be
prohibited or not explicitly allowed. The second case allows for
features that are not in the spec, but not explicitly prohibited either.

Leonard Daly