[x3d-public] Requirement for v4. Different ids for X3D or scene element

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:49:27 PST 2019

As a web3d member, how much weight do I personally have to impact the
standard?  I would like to see the requirement for different ids in the
scene or X3D element in case I load a file into the page in more than one
place.

The main requirement for this comes from scripting...how to access the
right field if it’s loaded more than once.

Which may be a good reason not to support fields in Scripts or Scripts at
all.