[x3d-public] native Python package for X3D

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Jul 23 22:40:04 PDT 2019

Loren has successfully deployed our Python x3d package to PyPi.  8)

	Find, install and publish Python packages with the Python Package Index
	https://pypi.org
	189,077 projects 1,397,628 releases 2,037,857 files 350,657 users

The Python Package Index (PyPI) is a repository of software for the Python programming language.
PyPI helps you find and install software developed and shared by the Python community. Learn about installing packages.
Package authors use PyPI to distribute their software.

	x3d 0.0.1
	pip install x3d
  	Latest version
	Last released: Jul 23, 2019
	Package support for Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics International Standard (IS)
	https://pypi.org/project/x3d

Here it is installing on my machine:

localadmin at DESKTOP-2S09UKA ~
$ python -m pip install x3d
Collecting x3d
   Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/47/6a/ee47e7f3ce2b575a66c3ca1fa10cc9a3d7012e3d81052a02e5b850ad5af3/x3d-0.0.1-py3-none-any.whl
Installing collected packages: x3d
Successfully installed x3d-0.0.1

Confirmed:
brutzman at DESKTOP-2S09UKA ~
$ pip install x3d
Requirement already satisfied: x3d in c:\program files\python37\lib\site-packages (0.0.1)

No doubt we will be talking about further improvements and refinements, plus broader deployments to Jupyter Notebook, during Web3D 2019 this Friday-Saturday-Sunday and at SIGGRAPH 2019 next week.

Great work, the path is open for serious progress now - onward we go.  Have fun with Python x3d!

On 7/22/2019 11:51 PM, Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) wrote:
> Thanks Loren for multiple sessions and steady progress working on a native Python package for X3D, now named x3d.py
>
> Lots more progress, lots of smoke tests, initial converter is compiling/running and mostly working.
>
> Further debugging to continue.  This is not quite a release build but we are getting close.  Still needed:
>
> - correctly convert .x3d to .py for X3D Example Archives using new syntax
> - continued refinement of python package methods and implementation, based on unit tests from these scenes
> - deploy to PyPI for easy re-use,

done