[x3d-public] Fwd: [x3dom-users] X3D logo - BIM Vision, X3D Exporter

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jun 1 21:50:53 PDT 2019

Hi David, great to see your progress!

Am happy to report that your model passes the current dev battery of tests, including conversion to .java and self-validation using X3DJSAIL (example attached).

===================================
C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\X3dForAdvancedModeling/AdditiveManufacturing//valid.x3d converted to valid.java
Compiling 1 source file to C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\X3dForAdvancedModeling\classes
now run and validate the java model
java -classpath classes;../../../stylesheets/java/jars/X3DJSAIL.3.3.full.jar X3dForAdvancedModeling.AdditiveManufacturing.valid
Java program "valid" self-validation test results: success

(btw didn't add your model to this archive, just took temporary advantage of existing infrastructure to facilitate an advanced test.)

So it looks good to me.  8)

Use of logo and conformance designation is a Board of Directors policy issue, am handing that back to Anita and Nicholas.  I hope that you are considering Web3D Consortium membership too, at least as an individual.  Membership has value, to all of us.

Incidentally the Design Printing and Scanning Working Group has made massive progress on CAD, steady forward momentum on 3D Printing, and 3D scanning/metadata workflows are beginning to yield.  As X3D v4 comes together within HTML5 and with multiple programming-language bindings, it wouldn't be a surprise if that group decided to next pursue BIM in 2020.

	Web3D Design Printing and Scanning Working Group
	http://www.web3d.org/working-groups/design-printing-and-scanning

Please let us know if further questions arise or if further exposure of your tool at Web3D 2019 conference makes sense.

Again thanks.  Your company's mission looks great, wishing you continuing success and great results.

v/r Don