[x3d-public] X3D working group agenda 1 June 2019: volume component additions

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Jun 14 05:11:24 PDT 2019

0. *Attendees* TODO.  Only one hour for me today, NPS graduation.

Members and invited experts are welcome.  We are an open organization. Please let us know if you have an important topic to present or discuss.

The X3D Graphics Working Group addresses all X3D specification issues and coordinates the technical development of future improvements.
	http://www.web3d.org/working-groups/x3d

Each week we report out both public and member-only information - membership has value.  To become a Web3D Consortium member:
	Join the Web3D Consortium
	http://www.web3d.org/join

==================================

1. Teleconference update

We have switched to Zoom channel, to good effect.  It allows use of internet audio, screen sharing and chat with links.

We meet regularly on Fridays 0800-0930 pacific.  To join the teleconference:
	Web3D Teleconference
	http://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

* Friday          08-1000 pacific, Join URL https://zoom.us/j/148206572 for X3D Working Group

One tap mobile
* US (New York) +19292056099,,148206572 #
* US (San Jose) +16699006833,,148206572 #

Dial by your location, using (nine-digit number from Join URL above)

* US (New York) +1 929 205 6099
* US (San Jose) +1 669 900 6833

----

Members and invited experts are welcome.  We are an open organization. Please let us know if you have an important topic to present or discuss.

The X3D Graphics Working Group addresses all X3D specification issues and coordinates the technical development of future improvements.
	http://www.web3d.org/working-groups/x3d

Each week we report out both public and member-only information - membership has value.  To become a Web3D Consortium member:
	Join the Web3D Consortium
	http://www.web3d.org/join

==================================

2. Agenda

a. Problem:  website does not seem to be returning DTDs and extensions properly, am getting all manner of tool errors related to

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.3.dtd
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.3-Web3dExtensionsPublic.dtd

Are others also seeing errors when running tools?  Might recent website changes be related?

b.  Ander Arbelaiz and Nicholas Polys

	New volume rendering extension proposals​
	http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2019-June/010968.html

c. Following some website adjustments, again updating status to track progress of implementation support for draft X3Dv4 specification.

	http://www.web3d.org/x3dv4-implementations

d. Updates requested, status online: draft revision to X3D Node and Statement Inventory Comparison.

	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.xlsx
	http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.pdf

Information inputs are always welcome.  With much X3D activity occurring there is typically plenty to review each week, ensuring that our progress continues to be clearly recorded and communicated.

TODO confirm: all information in these weekly minutes is releasable publicly.

3. *Prior meeting minutes*

Thanks to cochair Vince Marchetti for moderating several recent meetings.

	[x3d-public] X3D working group minutes 7 June 2019: tracking implementation support
	http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2019-June/010935.html

BCNU soon...