[x3d-public] PyXB to generate XML.

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jun 26 18:47:03 PDT 2019

We are pursuing a pure Python implementation of X3D data structures, letting Python be Python.

This can achieve maximum portability across all python distributions - primary, anaconda, jupyter, etc.

Writing string-based output serializer methods for .py .x3d .x3dv .json .java x3dom x_ite etc. will be easy, we have done this repeatedly.  Check out X3DJSAIL's multitude of model output methods for examplars.

Avoiding further python library dependencies will keep an X3D python package free of dependencies, easy to upgrade with X3Dv4 evolution, and easy to deploy across the Python universe.  Less is more, in this case.

I expect that adding consistent output serializers for all our language bindings (Java JavaScript C C++ C# Python) will further make X3D support easily portable across any of these programming languages.

Thanks for pushing the boundaries John.