[x3d-public] Fatal X3DJSAIL error using JDK 8u202. Will try to download latest Java binary version.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 00:17:07 PDT 2019

===========================================================================================================
But work on my abox.future.py bug below, pretty please?  With or without wrappers, it doesn’t matter which to me.

Here is the minimal code which fails.

import x3dpsail

(x3dpsail.ProtoBody()
    .addChild(x3dpsail.Transform()
        .setIS(x3dpsail.ISObject())
    )
)

addChild takes an X3DNode.
setIS returns a  TransformObject—an X3DConcreteNode

Please add to ProtoBodyObject.java an

addChild(TransformObject)

and/or

addChild(X3DConcreteNode)

You can do it at the same time you are adding addShaders() – see below.

Alternatively, you can make X3DConcreteNode inherit from X3DNode, I guess.   This seems best.  I’m not sure why it doesn’t already? How about TransformObject extend from X3DNode in the short term?   That’s not in the standard, right?  It looks like it already does.

This appears to be a Java issue.  What does the same Java do? AHA!

$ java -cp /c/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/java/jars/X3DJSAIL.3.3.full.jar";". net/coderextreme/data/abox
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/web3d/x3d/sai/Rendering/X3DGeometryNode
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.web3d.x3d.sai.Rendering.X3DGeometryNode
        ... 7 more
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main"

Previous versions of the jar work:

$ java -cp ../../../../pythonSAI/X3DJSAIL.3.3.full.jar";". net/coderextreme/data/abox
Warning: toFileStylesheetConversion(X3dToJson.xslt) is overwriting prior file ../data/abox.new.json

Time to back some changes out? Report bug to Oracle?

$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_202"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.202-b08, mixed mode)
Thanks,

I don’t have the current version of Java on my system.  I don’t want to install the lastest JDK 8 under the new Oracle agreement.

HELP!

Please try on your own systems.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10