[x3d-public] Requirements for X3DV4, event handling among multiple browsers on same page

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:36:18 PST 2019

Is it a requirement for X3DV4 to view the same file many with many instances (in same address space) in several different types of browsers (X_ITE and X3DOM on same page) at the same time?   What restrictions are there (for example, no use of id attribute, or required use of id attribute)? How might we prevent or enable this?

X3DJSONLD has an implementation of this, but I haven’t figured out how to handle a single DOM event loop and a single X3D event loop for the page (Don’s double loop design).

I think this has already been discussed, and I forgot?

This is critical for X3DJSONLD. I am thinking when DOM events get put on the X3D event loop. Is there only one X3D event loop or many?

Might I suggest tagging events with the browser selector and URL?

This might impact consoles that have a X3D Browser per player.

I can see X3DJSONLD going away.  Bye, it was pretty much an experiment anyway.

This obviously also affects any scripting code as well.  Should we avoid embedded scripts, or look at X3DJSONLD’s solution a bit more?

Why does my mind work in steps and can’t jump to the solution or next issue right away?

Bounce back to you.

Thanks,