[x3d-public] x3d-public Digest, Vol 120, Issue 34

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 08:01:10 PST 2019

I agree that something like network sensor and connection seem the most
basic way to enable cross browser communication. But that does not
necessarily mean that these become exposed. A higher, more abstract level
could just as well be agreed on and used for MU across multiple
vendors/implementations.

It may be time to come up with some proof of concept implementations of
nodes or infrastructure around a scene using web technology before more
thought experiments.

BTW, I am not sure why it should be necessary to implement network sensor
as a proto. There are other nodes such as script or composedshader which
accept user defined fields.

-Andreas

---on the phone---