[x3d-public] x3d-public Digest, Vol 120, Issue 34; OpenDIS plans

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Mar 9 12:22:11 PST 2019

Glad to see interest in NetworkSensor!  Hopefully the work by X3D Working Group to achieve full X3Dv4 integration in HTML5 browsers will help at some point.

Meanwhile...

On 3/8/2019 7:07 AM, Andreas Plesch wrote:
> [...] I also was reading some of the github open-dis documentation. Interesting background, and pretty accurate discussion on coordinate systems. It may be possible to set up somewhere a very simple distributed simulation to join and test clients with.

Advance notification FYI: an NPS staff member has opportunity April-June to work on reorganizing and rejuvenating the OpenDIS library ports for Java and JavaScript.  Long-time coming.

	https://github.com/open-dis

We then hope to restore/refresh the DIS code in X3DOM published some years ago.  Not sure where it went, not found at

	https://github.com/x3dom/x3dom/tree/master/src/nodes

though it was implemented

	https://savage.nps.edu/Savage/Scenarios/OpenDIS/
	https://savage.nps.edu/Savage/Scenarios/OpenDIS/DistributedInteractiveSimulationX3domMcGregorHarderBrutzman2015May18.pdf
	https://savage.nps.edu/Savage/Scenarios/OpenDIS/McGregorHarderBrutzmanOpenDisX3domWeb3d2015.presentation.reduced.pdf
	https://savage.nps.edu/Savage/Scenarios/OpenDIS/McGregorHarderBrutzmanOpenDisX3domWeb3d2015.mov

Will also work through the X3D DIS examples again.

	X3D Example Archives: Basic, Distributed Interactive Simulation
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/DistributedInteractiveSimulation

A looong voyage, steady as she goes...