[x3d-public] X3Dv4 and HAnimSensor?

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Mar 21 09:35:11 PDT 2019

[cc: HAnim Working Group]

Hi John.  We are close to releasing HAnim 2.0 and await some final ISO editorial responses.  In the meantime, full copies of submitted Final Draft International Specification (FDIS) drafts (for part 1 skeleton/skin plus part 2 motion animation) are available to Web3D members in github.  Links were provided in last week's X3D Working Group minutes, reported on x3d-public list.

	[x3d-public] X3D minutes 15 MAR 2019: advanced humanoids discussion; X3Dv4 specification editing
	http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2019-March/010320.html

Since HAnim continues to map to X3D/VRML in much the same way it always has, all X3D sensors can be used together with an HAnim model.

Thus it appears quite likely that any use case is covered already.  It there is something specifically different that you might an HAnimSensor to accomplish, then please advise further on your goal requirements.

We expect that continued advancement of X3D + HAnim examples in support of requirements for medical records will demonstrate many capabilities.

Thanks for considering these possibilities, especially for applying current capabilities in novel contexts.