[x3d-public] LineSensor

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 15:06:42 PDT 2019

I now understand the need for LineSensor and may give it a try for
x3dom. I know freewrl has it. It may make sense to replicate it.

My initial idea would be to use the x axis of the local coordinate
system as the Line orientation. Or maybe the y axis since X3D
geometries tend to align along y (cylinder, extrusion).

Then one can construct an intersection plane which includes the x axis
and another direction at a high angle with the viewing direction to
get a clean intersection for the inital point and subsequent points
during dragging.

Is that how freewrl does it ? I think I saw that it may use an
additional field for the line orientation but it may be best to avoid
it.

Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch