[x3d-public] [Semantics] X3D Semantic Web Working Group 14 MAR 2019: structural and conceptual semantics, semantic mapping MINUTES

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 15:23:34 PDT 2019

I am interested in functional (behavioral) semantic info, in particular,
creating a taxonomy of motion (if not done before).   This is similar to
categorizing time based equations, surfaces, and volumes.   For example,
 walking along a path,  holding a ball, then playing catch,  sitting and
rising from a bean bag chair.
Probably many of our physics based tags apply here.   Also our Transform
attributes and recent additions to HAnim.

This goes along with my idea of a predicate based world.   One subject of
study in philosophy is “analogical predication.”

Is anyone else interested in this?   This might form the basis of an
animation package or avatar control.

In particular, I am interested in taking parallel sequences of actions and
inferring loops, conditions, exception handlers and functions/macros.
Like a multiuser development environment.  Perhaps we can resuscitate
X3D-Edit multiuser mode.

Specifically, I think we can extend MTBD to multiuser MTBD.   Think of
something like multiuser AppleScript.   I am interested in the inferencing
into programs and how this can be done in a domain specific and domain
generic fashion.  As a first test I suggest a “follow me” or tutorial
application such as dance dance revolution or guitar hero.

Yes,  there are many examples of this from robotics.   Why are we still
programming in XSLT when we could have MapForce?   How about multiuser
MapForce?

Is it appropriate to classify and organize user provided data automatically?

Then on top of that, can we classify coordinated behavior?   Is this the
holy grail of computing?   What are the skill levels we can infer for
operations, logistics, tactics and strategy?

John