[x3d-public] [x3d] X3D minutes 3 MAY 2019: C/C++/C# and Python progress, PointProperties validation for X3Dv4

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon May 6 16:17:22 PDT 2019

From: Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV)

>6. *C C++ C# and Python progress*
Steady progress on Python SAI using Java-based X3DJSAIL by John Carlson and Don Brutzman, having a test framework for all examples is helping a lot.  Working on a Python PIP install next. Korea Chapter has also indicated that an independent Python encoding is emerging, comparisons expected soon, hopefully based on C implementation since we might then use Cython for native implementation in Python language itself.  Exciting.

1. Re: PIP:  I suggest we create a separate folder, perhaps called “x3dpsail” to build the installation.   Who should we pick to be registeree of the package?   Can we pick more than one person?  I would be more proactive about building the package, but unsure would should administer the package, and if we should share an email address for password recovery on the registration.  I haven’t looked much into registration yet.  These are just ideas floating around in my head.
2. Need decision/action on file structure of X3D python classes.  Do we like what we have?

Thanks,