[x3d-public] python pyjnius mapping

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sun May 12 12:23:13 PDT 2019

agreed it is confusing... reflection can be very tricky.

good observation that we should look hard at what setDEF() returns.

	.addChild(Viewpoint().setDEF("ViewUpClose").setCenterOfRotation(0,-1,0).setDescription("Hello world!").setPosition(0,-1,7))
	AttributeError: 'org.web3d.x3d.sai.Navigation.X3DViewpointNode' object has no attribute 'setCenterOfRotation'

from ViewpointObject, the method is explicitly declared/customized to Override the parent abstract class.

	@Override
	public final ViewpointObject setDEF(String newValue)

also available

	public ViewpointObject setCenterOfRotation(double x, double y, double z)
	public ViewpointObject setCenterOfRotation(float x, float y, float z)

	@Override
	public ViewpointObject setCenterOfRotation(float[] newValue)

yes still confusing.  i think we need to throughly review logic in your classes first before making a conclusive claim against pyjnius...  make sure it always looks at classes, not abstract superclasses.