[x3d-public] Vulcan, Metal, WebGPU impact on x3d NG

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:30:00 PDT 2019

DXR (directX) and RTX (Vulkan) can raytrace in real-time on capable
(primarily recent RTX series nVidia) GPUs.
- DXR (DirectX) will run in fallback mode on slightly older GPUs iet GTX
- that may relate to PBR, like Blender Disney or shader materials
- can do 'computational geometry' - no triangles, you write a shader to
decide what to do with a ray
- otherwise triangles is builtin
But how would it all work with web3d?
Hypothesis: on mouse-up or button press you could raytrace the last frame.
Doug Sanden