[x3d-public] Bichromatic HyperShape Web

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri May 24 20:20:35 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I am considering creating a bichromatic hypershape web called Enneract.  Ideally, this would be able to be displayed on a Tektronix 4014 terminal.  I am wondering if anyone else has created a bichromatic hypershape web before me. I have some experience with polychromatic 2D polygons on MUDs and IRC, and a bit of experience with hidden surface processing (Watkins, Warnock).   I have chosen bichromatic to reduce complexity (no textures, texture gathering, color choosing) and bandwidth.

Do people think I should leverage the graphics card languages or existing libraries? Which libraries?  What’s the best programming language for “primitive” graphics and networking? Am I merely creating VRML/X3D minus most of appearance?

Primary target audience is mathematical enthusiasts.  Secondary target audience is gamers (remember Asteroids?).