[x3d-public] browser option dashboard, table placement, typo

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 14:03:00 PST 2019

> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 07:28:33 -0700
> From: GPU Group <gpugroup at gmail.com>
>
> Options - Dashboard - NavigationInfo > hypothesis: historically the idea
> was to show navigationInfo.type subset on dashboard, or no dashboard if
> navigationIfno.type = "NONE", and all types on dashboard if "ANY" in type
> list.

Ah, I would not have guessed that but seems to make sense. Why not make
this more explicit in the spec. language ?

If dashboard means browser gui then default should be true. If dashboard
means virtual cockpit / joystick then probably false.

> Options - in NetworkingCompoent > hypothesis: related to html
> <embed><PARAM> back when web browsers allowed binary object embedding.

Hm, the spec also mentions config files and Param is kind of obsolete. To
me, browser options need to apply to standalone x3d browsers just as well.
In the networking component section, the browser options are hard to
discover.

v4 would be a good opportunity to find a better place.

Andreas

https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/networking.html#t-BrowserProperties

https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/navigation.html#NavigationInfo

https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/concepts.html#X3Dbrowsers