[x3d-public] Logging in the spec.

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 18:52:30 PST 2019

Building on the logging discussion, I am attempting to put together a
focussed proposal for a LogLevel browser option:

https://github.com/andreasplesch/x3dom/wiki/Logging#spec-proposal

I believe scoping and security can be approached as described. Please feel
to free to enhance or reject, preferably in a constructive manner.

 As such, a global logging option has many advantages over a Logger node:

- easier to use: no modification of existing scenes required
- no 'any' field required, string conversion just based on XML encoding
- logging by nature is a browser feature, not a 3d world feature
- minimizes spec. impact by using existing mechanisms: browser options and
SAI

Andreas