[x3d-public] X3Dv4 2019 End Game: meeting schedule

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Nov 21 09:45:05 PST 2019

1. *Get ready, get set*.  Here is our X3D Working Group meeting schedule:

* Friday 22 November: review X3Dv4 pages, Mantis issues
* Friday 29 November: no meeting (Thanksgiving weekend in USA)
* Friday  6 December: no meeting (special workshop in DC)
* Friday 13 December: last meeting before deadline, considering all submissions.
* Monday 16 December: working group closes new-technology submissions.

	X3Dv4 Overview
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d4

As X3Dv4 Specification Editors, Dick Puk and I already have separate meetings in progress with
- Michalis Kamburelis on glTF, Physically Based Rendering (PBR), advanced lighting and texturing.
- Athanasios Malamos and Eftychia Lakka on advanced audio capabilities for Sound Component.

All contribution suggestions, recommendations and submissions are welcome, either via x3d-public at web3D.org or x3d at web3D.org.

Of note is that any new X3Dv4 technology contributions must be performed by a Web3D Consortium member, who by joining has formally committed to the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy.  Private or public contributions are allowed for initial consideration.  This approach protects X3D Specification as Royalty Free (RF) for any use.

	Web3D Consortium Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
	https://www.web3d.org/sites/default/files/page/Join%20the%20Web3D%20Consortium/Web3D_IPR.pdf

X3Dv4 is close to achieving all declared goals following years of sustained co0peration and effort.  We have a LOT to be thankful for!  Many thanks to many individuals and member organizations who have contributed many capabilities for 3D on the Web.

As we close in on the solution set, the focus shifts to demonstrating implementation and evaluation prior to final approval next quarter.  This will be an "all hands on deck" evolution, please be ready for continued action!  8)

==================================

2. *What does this group do?*

The X3D Graphics Working Group addresses all X3D specification issues and coordinates the technical development of future improvements.
	http://www.web3d.org/working-groups/x3d

Members and invited experts are welcome.  We are an open organization. Please let us know if you have an important topic to present or discuss.

Each week we report out both public and member-only information - membership has value.  To become a Web3D Consortium member:
	Join the Web3D Consortium
	http://www.web3d.org/join

==================================

3. *Teleconference Information*

We have switched to Zoom channel, to good effect.  It allows use of internet audio, screen sharing and chat with links.

We meet regularly on Fridays 0800-0930 pacific.  To join the teleconference:
	Web3D Teleconference
	http://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

* Friday          08-1000 pacific, Join URL https://zoom.us/j/148206572 for X3D Working Group

One tap mobile
* US (New York) +19292056099,,148206572 #
* US (San Jose) +16699006833,,148206572 #

Dial by your location, using (nine-digit number from Join URL above)

* US (New York) +1 929 205 6099
* US (San Jose) +1 669 900 6833