[x3d-public] Triggers (detecting collisions) and physics settings – Castle Game Engine

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 17:06:01 PST 2019

Good point. Castle Game Engine "triggers" indeed correspond to X3D
"CollisionSensor" nodes. No change to X3D necessary.

The physics support in CGE is not yet integrated with X3D nodes, our
rigid body concepts are defined outside of X3D. See
https://castle-engine.io/manual_physics.php , CGE user just
instantiates ObjectPascal classes like TRigidBody, TMeshCollider etc.

I expect that one day I will make such integration (to support X3D
"Rigid body physics" component). Then X3D "CollisionSensor" will be
just internally implemented using CGE triggers.

Best regards,
Michalis

pt., 22 lis 2019 o 18:37 Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV)