[x3d-public] colorMode of PointProperties

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 12:29:40 PST 2019

It looks like the PointProperties colorMode is a way to deal with
11.4.11 PointSet which says

"PointSet nodes are not lit, not texture-mapped, .."

although in fact points can now be texture-mapped.

Since this is a change for PointSet is might be necessary to correct
11.4.11 instead of introducing a workaround with colorMode.

"PointSet nodes are not lit. Textures are applied to the full size of
each point after blending as defined in Table 17.2."

in 11.4.11 PointSet may suffice to address all colorMode options.

On another note, should the color node be allowed to have less entries
than the total number of points, with points lacking a corresponding
color getting assigned the last color in the color node list of colors
? This makes sense for the common scenario that there a lot of points
of the same color.

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch