[x3d-public] first Viewpoint in Inline and binding delays

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Oct 14 12:11:49 PDT 2019

It's actually a little worse than Michalis describes below in his
examples with 1.x3d & 2.x3d.

1.x3d could Inline one (or more) *.x3d files, any of which may contain
the "first" Viewpoint node. Consider the case where you have 20 Inline
nodes in the main file. Most web browsers are configured to have a
maximum of 4 external connections at any one time. If the load request
goes into a FIFO queue, then 18 more references (after 1.x3d and 2.x3d)
need to be loaded before the first sub-Inline of 1.x3d could be addressed.

So when Michalis says below "*and be sure that all preceding content is
loaded*" you need to take "all preceding content" to be maximally inclusive.

Leonard Daly

*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant
LA ACM SIGGRAPH Past Chair