[x3d-public] X3D agenda 6 SEP 2019: overview diagram review, ISO meeting highlights, API progress, field name changes
Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV)
brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Sep 4 13:19:30 PDT 2019
Thanks everyone for patience while Dick and I traveled to Takamatsu Japan all last week for annual ISO standards committee SC24 meeting.
Our next X3D Working Group meeting is this Friday 6 SEP, 08-0930 pacific. (Connection information below.)
Recent meeting minutes:
* [x3d-public] X3D Working Group minutes 16 AUG 2019: PointProperties/PointSet, IIIF 3D, glTF, ISO preps
* [x3d-public] X3D Working Group minutes 21 AUG 2019: glTF X3D specification Plan Of Action Milestones (POAM)
0. Progress and problem reports. What else is new?! 8)
1. Takamatsu meeting quicklook.
- Humanoid Animation (HAnim) approvals by ISO,
- Medical progress: representing human organs using HAnim,
- Smart Cities opportunities,
- ISO requested to go open on Mixed Augmented Reality (MAR) specifications
2. Standards Relationships diagram - proposed update review, see attached comparison.
Just refinements, no major changes. Flipping in full-screen mode makes differences easy to compare.
3. *glTF X3D Features Comparison*. Would anyone like to lead this review update?
> * Attachment : glTF X3D Features Comparison (3 NOV 2017)
> * source at
4. *X3Dv4 topics*
X3Dv4 Implementations Status
a. /API Progress Review/ with special thanks to Masaki Aono and Myeong Won Lee.
Python X3D Package x3d.py
[x3d-public] testing x3d python jupyter notebook; first-round python viewer
[x3d-public] ANNOUNCE: X3D SAI Libraries for C, C++, C# (X3DCSAIL, X3DCPPSAIL, X3DCSSAIL)
It looks like all of these X3D APIs can/will align together, along with Java implementation (maybe ECMAScript too) through concerted use of
X3D Unified Object Model (X3DUOM)
b. /Field name changes/ for improved consistency, affects child SF/MFNode field naming for ~10 nodes.
Potential future changes for improved consistency of field names
5. *Getting Connected*
Recently Web3D meetings have switched to Zoom channels, to good effect. Zoom allows use of internet audio, screen sharing, and chat with links.
We meet regularly on Fridays 0800-0930 pacific. Connection information is available for members on the following page.
Web3D Members: Teleconference Information
The X3D Graphics Working Group addresses all X3D specification issues and coordinates the technical development of future improvements.
Each week we report out both public and member-only information - membership has value. To become a Web3D Consortium member:
Join the Web3D Consortium
Steady progress, "steady as she goes..." Have fun with X3D! 8)
all the best, Don
Don Brutzman Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270, MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA +1.831.656.2149
X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 252944 bytes
More information about the x3d-public