[x3d-public] [consortium] updated: Nicholas Polys #X3D Quickstart Tutorial @IEEEVR

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:23:14 PDT 2020

Thanks for sharing the "quick" start recording which is actually a bit
of a marathon at 3h (!). It will be very useful to point to for
promotional and introductory purposes.

Super job by Nicholas going through the big picture, dealing with
technical difficulties and covering a lot of details at the same time,

-Andreas

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:40 AM Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:

> We are happy to announce two updates to this important tutorial.  Now on Web3D.org with all four presentations linked, and available on YouTube in new playlist Learning X3D!
>
> * X3D Quickstart Tutorial at IEEE VR 2020
>    https://www.web3d.org/event/x3d-quickstart-tutorial-ieee-vr-2020
>
> 1. X3D Introduction and Technology Overview - provides technical and historical context of Extensible 3D (X3D).
> 2. X3D Ecosystem - provides descriptions of the wide variety of X3D engines, tools, and platforms.
> 3. X3D Applications - shows the myriad ways X3D is deployed to solve real problems.
> 4. X3D Authoring - digs into the fundamentals of the X3D scene graph and data representation.
>
> * YouTube video:
>    X3D Quickstart Tutorial at IEEE VR 2020
>    https://www.youtube.com/embed/l0QgBRzDH-s
>
> * Twitter: Nicholas Polys #X3D Quickstart Tutorial @IEEEVR 2020 (three hours total!) provides X3D Introduction and Technology Overview, X3D Ecosystem, X3D Applications and X3D Authoring.
>     https://twitter.com/Web3DConsortium/status/1246875644211761152
>
> And more:
> * Web3D Consortium
>    https://www.youtube.com/c/Web3dConsortium
>
> Related and cool!
> * Immersive, Inclusive, and Green: IEEE Virtual Reality Conference Goes Digital, Embraces VR Tech to Deliver
>    https://www.computer.org/press-room/2020-news/immersive-inclusive-and-green-ieee-virtual-reality-conference-goes-digital
>
> The Web3D Communications Team is planning a series of short webinars to record with Zoom and then share.  Please contact us if you are interested in presenting: communications at web3d.org

> Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br       brutzman at nps.edu
> X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman