[x3d-public] Web3DUX working group minutes 8 April 2020

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 06:03:47 PDT 2020

COVID-19 > social distancing > teleworking > tools for teleworking >
telepresence / teletravel / remote work
Economies are taking big hits from the social distancing measures - in the
trillions globally.
So if there was some ways to work better from a distance, that would have
benefits:
- reduce spread rate of transmissible diseases that kill people
- reduce the cost to society of transportation
- keep economy going during strict social distancing 'lockdowns'
-- and reduce the cost to governments of social programs to support
unemployed workers
- keep key essential workers employed while waiting for test results
- reduce GHG emissions / co-benefits of meeting Paris and net-zero-2050
early
But what precisely, and how relate to web3d?
-Doug Sanden
some of my old thoughts:
https://sites.google.com/site/commutar/home/telerobotics
https://sites.google.com/site/commutar/home/telepresence