[x3d-public] file converter based on pythonocc

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:15:39 PDT 2020

Did somebody put together an x3d converter based on pythonocc ?

Here is an example:

https://senties-martinelli.com/software/cad-viewer

It could convert  step, stp, igs, iges, obj and stl formats. Format
import and export is only a small subset of pythonocc
(https://github.com/tpaviot/pythonocc-core) but I think just making
this functionality easy to use with a dedicated converter could be
really valuable.

In the end, I think a  web service just for conversion would be most useful.

I played with the Jupyter notebook and could generate with only a few lines x3d.

And there are ways to generate a standalone webapp from a notebook:
https://discourse.jupyter.org/t/how-to-transform-a-jupyter-notebook-into-a-webapp/758/6

That could be quick way to offer a web service.

Have there been attempts of this kind ? Would there be interest in a
open source github hosted project ?

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch