[x3d-public] file converter based on JavaScript

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Apr 19 15:33:30 PDT 2020

On 4/18/2020 4:11 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Note that X3DJSONLD has a PLY-> X3D converter and would appreciate contributions of an X3D to PLY converter.
>
> Also advancement of the X3D -> STL converter would also be appreciated, in particular, the converter could use tessellation of faces plus additional X3D geometries.

Can you please point to that source (or post it if not too voluminous).

Given the relative simplicity of PLY and STL, am expecting that if we get a single satisfactory importer for each, then we might duplicate this source as part of our Java and Python libraries X3DJSAIL/X3DPSAIL as well.

Recommend focusing on import into X3D first.  Import integration is very useful for a lot of data-driven modeling and world-building activities, especially on server side.