[x3d-public] XML (and JSON) -> something. instead of XSLT

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 05:38:10 PDT 2020

Consider https://github.com/coderextreme/pythonSAI/blob/master/xml2all.js

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/node/xml2all.js

They convert XML to Python and JSON out the box.  More serializers can be
added.

Additionally,  I have my workhorse json2all.js that converts JSON to  Java,
JSON, XML, Nodejs, Nashorn, and Python by way of DOM.  Note that X_ITE
VRMLScript is in the works.

So there's a lot of experience with XML conversion with JavaScript in
addition to the XSLT conversions.  What I like is they work on "static"
websites.

A priority might be to convert XML to PLY.  I think the choice of JSON in
this case, without going to XML, perhaps was appropriate, but it would be
interesting to create an XML to PLY converter, then I could leverage the
pattern created.

Note that a direct X3D XML -> PLY is not available that I know of. I think
VRML -> PLY is done.