[x3d-public] Python, the emperor has no clothes!

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:57:11 PDT 2020

testing toXML in python.   BackgroundCollection.py works.

These don't:
$ python HelloWorld.py
x3d.py package loaded, have fun with X3D Graphics!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "HelloWorld.py", line 77, in <module>
    print (     newModel.toXML())
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 6878, in toXML
    result += str(self.Scene.toXML(indentLevel=indentLevel+1))
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 6679, in toXML
    result += each.toXML(indentLevel=indentLevel+1)
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 19183, in toXML
    result += each.toXML(indentLevel=indentLevel+1)
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 40543, in toXML
    result += each.toXML(indentLevel=indentLevel+1)
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 35796, in toXML
    for each in self.appearance:
TypeError: 'Appearance' object is not iterable

coderextreme at DESKTOP-DOPK2VD MINGW64 /c/x3d-code/
www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/python/examples
$ python HelloWorldPrefixed.py
x3d.py package loaded, have fun with X3D Graphics!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "HelloWorldPrefixed.py", line 77, in <module>
    print (     newModel.toXML())
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 6878, in toXML
    result += str(self.Scene.toXML(indentLevel=indentLevel+1))
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 6679, in toXML
    result += each.toXML(indentLevel=indentLevel+1)
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 19183, in toXML
    result += each.toXML(indentLevel=indentLevel+1)
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 40543, in toXML
    result += each.toXML(indentLevel=indentLevel+1)
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\x3d.py",
line 35796, in toXML
    for each in self.appearance:
TypeError: 'Appearance' object is not iterable

Appearance is an SFNode, so it's not a iterable.