[x3d-public] Nurbs patch coloring

Michail Vidiassov master at iaas.msu.ru
Wed Apr 22 02:14:12 PDT 2020

Dear Andreas,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 5:29 PM Andreas Plesch <andreasplesch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I implemented and tested the four corner color interpolation approach.
> I did not add transparency although this requires 'only' some book
> keeping. [ Not sure if x3dom deals well with RGBA vertex colors
> although it should ].

It does deal, lists ColorRGBA as supported in the docs, but does not
deal well: I can see lines and background through the surface made
transparent by RGBA vertex colors, but not another (yellow) surface.
http://media.iaas.msu.ru/x3d_RGBA_test.htm

But you also stated that:
> Viewer capabilities and conformance are important but secondary to design and spec. decisions.

So in the next round of NURBS coloring activity it is reasonable to add the A.

> Please find an x3dom build here:
> Take a look at the build and please try it with other examples,

OK, for now the ball is in my court, there is a lot to try and test
with RGB vertex color.

Sincerely, Michail