[x3d-public] XML -> JSON in X3DJSONLD: Why you should test in different environments

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:42:21 PDT 2020

The line in X3DJSONLD/src/main/shell/several.sh that works best is:

ls -d "$@" | grep -v intermediate | grep -v "\.new" | xargs ${NODE}
${NODEDIR}/xml2all.js | xargs -P $PROCESSORS ${NODE} ${NODEDIR}/json2all.js

Be sure to update to get this.  Don, please compare the version of
BoxManAnimationPanel.json (it's in X3DJSONLD/src/main/data) with your
version generated by X3dToJson.xslt.  My version works better in some cases
(using localhost).   I have been unable to get the interactive stuff to
work, seems to be a problem with by hosting site or something, still
researching.  You can go to:

http://localhost:3000/src/main/html/hanim.html

for a fully working website (using node.js and express.js).

Or you can to to apache and get this less than desirable version:

https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/html/hanim.html  (3/4 browsers
work)

I could use some apache configuration or something--not sure to get this
site working.

I will look into it.

At this time, the  site at:
https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/html/index.html using the
BoxManAnimation.json file is less than desirable--only 1/4 of browsers work
in this case.

 http://localhost:3000/ using the BoxManAnimationPanel.json works 3.5/4 of
browsers.

In summary, it's best to use a localhost site running node.js with your
HTML file with url='"..."' as seen in
https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/html/hanim.html view page
source (right click in chrome).  If you want the best results.
If someone knows an apache/node.js expert (probably admin or devOps) who
can track down these things, I could use some help.  Right now, it's a
puzzle!

And no, I haven't looked at the web console yet.  That's my next step.

All source code can be found in https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/

Thanks,

John