[x3d-public] CORS and Chrome Web Store

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 05:29:34 PDT 2020

Here's apparently just ONE of the solutions on the Chrome Web Store for
CORS.  I do not recommend this unless you know what you are doing (turn it
on for only certain cases).

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/allow-cors-access-control/lhobafahddgcelffkeicbaginigeejlf?hl=en

In fact, I do not use this myself, and I instead run a local node.js web
server (but I don't recommend that either, just that it works).  There's
instructions on the web for running express.js in node.js, I think.  What
you may want to do differently is something like:

app.listen(port, 'localhost', function() {
  console.log("... port %d in %s mode", port, app.settings.env);
});

It's pretty standard practice for devs to run a localhost web server for
debugging, especially.