[x3d-public] X3DPickSensorNode intersectionType values BOUNDS and GEOMETRY are undefined.

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Apr 28 10:32:13 PDT 2020

Dick and I met for X3D Specification Editors meeting today.

On 4/25/2020 11:45 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> Specification prose is missing definitions, intersectionType values BOUNDS and GEOMETRY are undefined.

> 38.3.2 X3DPickSensorNode
> https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/picking.html#X3DPickSensorNode
>
> SFString [] intersectionType "BOUNDS" ["GEOMETRY"|"BOUNDS"|...]
>
> The intersectionType field specifies the precision of the collision computation. The intersectionType constants may be extended by the individual concrete node to provide additional options.

We inserted as second sentence in paragraph above:

When testing intersections, "BOUNDS" indicates that the pickingGeometry is intersected with the bounding box of the pickable object, whereas "GEOMETRY" indicates that the pickingGeometry is intersected with the geometry of the pickable object.