[x3d-public] How X3D SAI is tested in an X_ITE browser (Thanks Andreas)

Cecile Muller contact at wildpeaks.fr
Thu Apr 30 03:20:21 PDT 2020

Good morning,

> What do we do to test X3D ECMAScript SAI libraries on the server?
> I know I've discussed --headless for chrome.  That might work on the
server,
> and it would maintain compatibility with client code.

You could try Puppeteer: not only is it headless Chrome, but it's literally
made
for doing automated tests (e.g. in CI environments) via the DevTools
protocol:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/puppeteer

There is also Playwright, a recent fork of Puppeteer:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/playwright

See you,
Cecile