[x3d-public] Work Proposal/Wish List: X3D XML, JSON -> Three.JS

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:21:41 PDT 2020

I think the best approach using existing code is to leverage the work done
on es6x3d and produce toThreeJS() methods that create Three.JS snippets. I
have heard that string concatenation is much faster than array.join these
days (yay! all my code pretty much does that), so I'll pursue string
concatenation in grouping and transform classes.   Any comments from the
peanut gallery are encouraged.

I'm feeling pretty good about this now!  A warm space in my heart for not
totally abandoning X3D, and a path forward for X3DJSAIL to incorporate my
changes down the road.

Does anyone have any warning flags fly up?