[x3d-public] [consortium] X3D4 materials available, no X3D meeting Friday 7 August 2020

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 18:04:21 PDT 2020

Just a quick question on the new Viewpoint "viewAll" field. When true
during initial loading of the scene, it should trigger showing the
complete scene rather than a view from the provided location. This
requires waiting for the complete scene to load before something can
be shown, and somewhat awkward out of sequence processing of the nodes
during loading. So perhaps this case may not be a priority to support.
The field is straightforward to support after initial loading.
What are implementation strategies for the initial stage browsers
started to use ? A scene LoadSensor, or other load event callback ? I
think x3dom would probably use the explicit pose of the viewpoint
during loading, and install an onload event handler which is called
after loading (perhaps removing itself after adjusting the view).
-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453