[x3d-public] [consortium] X3D4 materials available, no X3D meeting Friday 7 August 2020

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:39:53 PDT 2020

I figured that this was an old news item, just edited, instead of creating
a new news item :)

The problem I report is that this news post contains a link to a 1st
working draft of X3Dv4, from a ~year ago. The page
https://www.web3d.org/news-story/x3dv4-draft-specification-available-public-now
contains link to
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-WD1/
(click on "X3Dv4 Public Working Draft Specification"). It doesn't contain
e.g. PBR stuff, and a zillion of other new features :)

As a casual person coming to Web3D website, I would not know that I
mistakenly view an outdated document. The post is a mixture of text that
applies to 1st working draft (link to 1st working draft, the text "Release
reviewed satisfactorily by X3D Working Group, 19 July 2019") and text that
applies to 2nd working draft ("X3Dv4 (WD2) draft specification is available
to public now!").

So, I suggest to edit the "X3Dv4 Public Working Draft Specification" link,
to lead to https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft (latest working
draft).

You're using Drupal for these news I see -- it is possible to edit the post
detail (even the post creation date, as visible by user).

Regards,
Michalis