[x3d-public] C/C++/C#---X3DCSAIL

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:10:06 PDT 2020

We're looking for some programmers to contribute to a project creating
X3DCSAIL, a C/C++/C# version of X3DJSAIL.

My question is, how will X3DCSAIL be different from OpenInventor or Coin3D
or FreeWRL?  Can these run headless?   Can we adapt one of these to run
headless?  It looks like OpenInventor has a headless mode, but I'm not sure
about the others.

How might we pursue this library?  What are the requirements?  Who are the
customers?   Should we just create examples, and adopt one of the existing
open source X3D browser implementations?  Is there a website describing the
goals of this project?  Should I create one?

I have something written in C++ that reads in X3D JSON and writes out X3D
XML, but that's pretty much a prototype at this stage--works with a couple
of cases.  This opens up C++ X3D browser to the X3D JSON capabilities
similar to how X3DJSONLD transformed X_ITE and X3DOM.

The cplusplus version in in <X3DJSONLD>/src/main/cplusplus/src

More testing is welcome!

We currently do not have a X3dToC.xslt, but would appreciate examples of
C++ code that people would like to develop to use X3DCSAIL, so we can
pattern the appropriate stylesheet for the X3DCSAIL library.

O can provide a C++ Serializer that will convert a DOM document to C++
using JavaScript code, but  I'm also wondering what kind of target I should
hit, similar to what we might do with a stylesheet.

So we're just looking for C++ test cases at this point.

Thanks,