[x3d-public] at The New Web and the Future of Spatial Computing Workshop Dec 2019

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:58:34 PDT 2020

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6XaVrfxD6fa-9HwpCqoq4Q/videos

I'm not sure if VRML/X3D was represented last year.  Not too many views.
If someone sees a super interesting video, let me know.

The big announcement seems to be that Croquet will be on the web soon, if
not already, possibly through WebAssembly.   So yet another challenger on
the web! WebGL still seems to be included.  Hopefully that means no big
surprises--possibly a new shading language?  They use Croquet's
networking technology, but I've never seen that technology stress-tested.
Has anyone else?

My guess is they combined OpenCroquet with LivelyNext, but who really
knows? They call the engine "Worldcore."  There's a game called "Wide Wide
World."  https://www.croquet.io/

Has anyone compared DIS to Croquet?

Will MMWeb3D finally arrive?

Could be an interesting battle of Croquet versus PlayCanvas!  I wonder
which will be the best programming/authoring environments.

John Carlson