[x3d-public] Web3DUX Working Group Meeting 31 August 2020

Feng Liu LIU_F at mercer.edu
Sun Aug 30 13:37:39 PDT 2020

You are invited to join us for our next Web3DUX Working Group Bi-weekly meeting
 Monday, August 31
10:15 – 11 AM Pacific Time or 1:15 – 2:00 PM Eastern Time

Join URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81634670698?pwd=a1VPeU5tN01rc21Oa3hScUlHK0Rxdz09

Please review the last meeting minutes:

Web3DUX Group Meeting Minutes
August 17, 2020

Attendees: Amela Sadagic, Don Brutzman, and Feng Liu
Items discussed:

  1.  Up-coming Web3D conference
     *   Don Brutzman: We are working to port the Web3D Conference website to a single site at future location https://conferences.siggraph.org/web3d/2020 hopefully by the end of the month.  This site will have X3D models exposed using X3DOM.
     *   The conference site has the potential to influence all other SIGGRAPH and ACM small conference sites.
     *   For Web3D 2020 authors, and tutorials, and workshops, we are offering publication of presentations, videos, images, and exemplar models.  We will also include links to ACM Digital Library for papers.  https://dl.acm.org/conference/web3d

2.     We discussed and agreed that we are best focused on proposing a Workshop this year, rather than a tutorial.  This should be proposed to Web3D 2020 Conference Program Chairs, instructions are online.

3.     We discussed the strategies to make this Web3D UX group to be more active

     *   Announcements of broad interest can also be tweeted at https://twitter.com/Web3Dconsortium
     *   Announcement on X3D Tooltips, which include many specific UX techniques on a node-by-node basis, is available at https://twitter.com/Web3DConsortium/status/1295114967402680320

4.     The #X3D Tooltips are used in many ways.  A detailed summary of downstream assets posted on the mailing list: "[x3d-public] announce: X3D Tooltips now linking to X3D4 working draft 2 specifications, multiple asset updates" http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2020-August/013424.html

Plan of action:

  1.  Invite UX speakers to participate in our bi-weekly meetings
  2.  Propose a workshop with UX focus to the annual Web3D conference.

Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Take care,
Feng Liu