[x3d-public] X3D Semantic Web discussion 6 JAN 2020

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jan 6 08:55:44 PST 2020

Jakub and I had a short discussion today for X3D Semantic Web Working Group.

	https://www.web3d.org/working-groups/x3d-semantic-web

We agreed to have a regular meeting at the time next week.

	Monday, 08-0900 pacific, Web3D Zoom line

Proposed topics:

a. Web3D 2020 papers, special session, possibly tutorial or collaboration workshop
    https://easychair.org/cfp/web3d2020

Web3d2020: The 25th International ACM Conference on 3D Web Technology
Korea University - Seoul, South Korea, June 24-26, 2020

Abstract registration deadline
	February 20, 2020
Submission deadline
	February 20, 2020
Demonstration deadline
	April 6, 2020
Posters deadline
	April 6, 2020
Standards special sessions deadline
	April 6, 2020
Tutorial deadline
	April 6, 2020
Workshops deadline
	April 6, 2020

b. Geometric Topology work by ISO TC184 SC4 WG12 led by Ben Urick and Jean Brange

Many interesting references have been circulated for discussion on the Web3D CAD mailing list.  Lots of excellent possibilities for 3D inference and query appear to be emerging.

Their teleconference was scheduled 1 hour prior to our planned time today, so a good recurrence pattern might be do-able.

c. Paper publication status

Several things to discuss - status reports please.

d. X3D Ontology progress, practice
    https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/semantics/semantics.html

    X3D Ontology for Semantic Web
    https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/semantics/documentation/presentations/X3dOntologyForSemanticWeb.pdf