[x3d-public] X3D working group minutes, 9 JAN 2020: naming of hidden field

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jan 13 06:45:48 PST 2020

On 1/12/2020 6:47 PM, Andreas Plesch wrote:
> Please consider recasting the 'hidden'  field in a positive sense, for example as 'render'. A false default value is unexpected and a double negative can be confusing.
>
> TODO: add hidden field to X3DGroupingNode nodes

Great suggestion.  Another candidate field name that would match ViewpointGroup is 'displayed'.  Whatever we choose, let's please make them match.

* https://www.web3d.org/x3d/tooltips/X3dTooltips.html#ViewpointGroup.displayed

Crossed mails, i just implemented 'hidden' over the weekend - no worries, your suggestion can be easily applied.  There are a few other object-model refinements to apply as well.

Comments prior to Friday's call please everyone, we will decide then.