[x3d-public] X3D minutes, 17 JAN 2020: visible field and X3DBoundedNode

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jan 20 17:59:43 PST 2020

Update summary:
- (v4.0) add visible field to X3DBoundedObject, Mantis 1271
   https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1271 (no longer named 'hidden')

Preceding mail threads, summarized in Mantis:

* As node list kept getting longer, realized X3DVisibleObject same as X3DBoundedObject.
   http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2020-January/011673.html

* Confirmed by Andreas as implemented in InstantReality: refactor visible field as part of X3DBoundedObject, 37 nodes total.
* http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2020-January/011674.html

Test scene available:
* X3D Example Archives: X3D for Advanced Modeling, Animation, Visible Shapes Test
   "Test scene for visible field on X3DBoundedObject nodes, which is new to X3Dv4."
   https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/Animation/VisibleShapesTestIndex.html
   https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/Animation/VisibleShapesTest.x3d

New refinement:
- (v3.2+) CollisionCollection implements X3DChildNode, not X3DNode
- (v4.0) CollisionCollection contains nodes with X3DBoundedObject interfaces, so
   TODO CollisionCollection needs to be marked in specification as X3DBoundedObject as well.
   now recorded as issue 1275
   https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1275