[x3d-public] candidate feature: display bounding box

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 05:39:05 PST 2020

Since the appearance of the shown bbox cannot be controlled and would be up
to the browser, the feature would be mostly for debugging during authoring.
So I think for X3D browsers it is not critical.
An implementation issue is that browsers would typically organize rendering
around Shapes but a X3DBoundedObject such as Group does not necessarily
need to contain a Shape.
So I think it would not become a priority for x3dom. InstantReality already
has the field, however, so the two implementations may not be out reach if
the feature is standardized.

---on the phone---