[x3d-public] x3d v4 proposed changes > 2 opensource criteria > any that are short

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 11:18:39 PST 2020

INVENTORY
FREEWRL
* X3Dv4 Implementations
   https://www.web3d.org/x3dv4-implementations
1) 43 Projective Texture Mapping
x freewrl does not implement, document is mistaken
2) 23.4.4 NavigationInfo > TURNTABLE
* freewrl implemented
(other freewrl navmodes and related not in v3.3:
DIST - explicit control over distance to pivot point for examine, turntable
- touchpads don't need RMB
SHIFT - turns off sensors
HOVER - isOver mode (useful for touch pad - allows triggering of isOver
only)
PEDAL - can drag 'floating cursor' in steps
SPHERICAL - like FLY: YAWPITCH except rotations constrained to viewpoint
local axes)
subsets of FLY: YAWZ, XY, YAWPTICH,ROLL)
3) GeoSpatial > GeoOrigin - freewrl still allows in v3.3, never deprecated
in freewrl
4) The rest freewrl has not implemented
/FREEWRL
Does this table miss anything?
/INVENTORY
-Doug Sanden
PS who's doing projective texture mapping? Should start with that?